Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Leisure - Of this Day and Age!!!

One poem that always manages to send a wave of regret when I think over my life, the minuscule scintillations that could have been beautiful bokehs, the small joy that could have intensified in to an evergreen memory is the one that starts:

What is this life if full of care?
We have no time to stand and stare!

The one and only 'Leisure' - a masterpiece by William Henry Davies, a futuristic practically emotional work of his age.

When I think of how much the world has changed since the days of Davies, I thought I'll give my rendition of his work. With the most deserving respect to the greats in the field of literature, this mere mortal also pleads for forgiveness if I've inflicted any damage to the language.

The first one is for the most common elite employee of today, at least in my life - a software engineer:

What is this life if full of care
My work does not give me a minute to spare

No time to address the client's woes
And put up with the manager and the deadline he throws

No time to see when the woods we pass
Where I can do booze and smoke some grass

No time to see (?) broad daylight
When I enter so early and leave late in the night

No time to turn at beauty's glance
And develop it in to proper romance

No time to wait till her mouth can
Finish those swearings that her eyes began

A poor life, this, if full of care.
It's so much like a buggy software!

____________________________________________________________________


The second one is for the epitomes of beauty, and this also goes as a dedication to all my style-savvy gal pals. With no offence meant to feminists or their emotions, these lines below are for
the modern day woman:

What is this life is full of care
I don't have the time to do my hair

No time to shape my sleek eyebrows
And walk in those new sexy stilettos

No time to look at mirrors when I pass
Where I can casually check my lip gloss

No time to try, in broad daylight,
The pair of shades bought of my boyfriend's plight

No time to turn at beauty's glance
At that figure and shape I don't have a chance.

No time to wait till her mouth can
Acknowledge the J that her eyes began

A poor life this, if full of care
Is a wardrobe, yet nothing to wear!

____________________________________________________________________


Just my possibly futile attempts in being the WH Davies of today! I'll pat myself on my back if I've succeeded even at a 'negligible yet non-zero positive' level. If this has triggered words that ca be only expressed as symbols like &$# and * on a public forum, please feel free to do so, but direct it at my inbox!!!

What is this life!? I don't make the most!
But still have time to write this blog-post!!

0 comments:

 
Copyright © Thought Spectrum. All rights reserved.
Blogger template created by Templates Block | Start My Salary
Designed by Santhosh